Peyton's Pest Prevention
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on September 7, 2011 at 6:57 PM|
BUG PROOFING TIPS
Here are a few tips to keep them at bay:
* Eliminate their food supply, including water.
- Clean up excess and spilled pet food daily.
- Remove crumbs from behind stove and between cabinets with a vacuum hose.
- Wash dishes immediately.
- Keep leftovers in tightly sealed containers.
- Take trash out nightly in tightly sealed receptacles.
- Fix leaking pipes.
- Drain sinks, since standing water will attract thirsty roaches.
- Keep all drains plugged when not in use.
* Seal all cracks and gaps in your home’s exterior.
- Caulk around cracks in water pipes.
- Screen vents in attics and crawlspaces.
- Use fine-mesh screening and duct tape to seal off holes around your home.
* Add weather stripping to doors, and clear caulk to seal the joint where the doorframe meets the wall.
* Install a sturdy aluminum threshold under your door. Add a door sweep to close the gap even tighter.
* Keep trees near your house well-trimmed. Branches and leaves make a perfect bridge to the inside of your home for bugs.
*Remove all natural pest and rodent habitats within 10 feet of your home, including tall grass, foliage, piles of straw and/or leaves, wooden crates and patio rugs.